Kieran Shipka Biography
Who is Kiernan Shipka? Kiernan (Brennan) Shipka is an American actress. She is known for playing Sally Draper on the AMC series Mad Men (2007), B. D. Hyman in the FX anthology series Feud: Bette and Joan (2017), and voicing Jinora in the Avatar: The Last Airbender (2005) spin-off, The Legend of Korra (2012). She stars as Sabrina Spellman on Netflix’s Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (2018) series based on the comic series of the same name.
Who is Kiernan Shipka?
Kiernan Shipka Biography: Kiernan Shipka has practically grown up in the spotlight. She’s been acting for over a decade now, and she recently nabbed the leading role of Sabrina Spellman in Netflix’s upcoming series The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. While you may remember her as Sally Draper from Mad Men, there are still a few tidbits you may not know about her, well JustforAfrica will unfold that. Do you want to know Kiernan Shipka Biography? Read on…
Kiernan Shipka Early Life
Kiernan Brennan Shipka was born in Chicago, Illinois, to John Young Shipka, a real estate developer, and his wife, Erin Ann (née Brennan). Her father is one-half Bohemian/Czech, and one-quarter German, with his other ancestry being English, some Scottish, and distant French. Her mother is of three-quarters Irish and one-quarter Italian ancestry.
Her surname is from her Bohemian roots. She has been taking ballroom dancing classes since the age of five. Her family relocated to Los Angeles, California when she was six to support her acting career.
Kiernan Shipka Education
Shipka started attending ballroom dance classes from the age of 5. She plays the piano and is an expert in martial arts, too. When Shipka was 6 years old, her parents moved to Los Angeles to support her acting career.
As Shipka stepped into the field of acting at a young age, she was not able to attend regular schools. She joined the ‘Laurel Springs School’ for online studies. She completed her high school through online classes.
Kiernan Shipka Career
Shipka made her television debut at five months of age on the hospital drama ER. She also began doing commercial print modeling when she was a baby. After undertaking numerous small television roles, her first major role was as Sally Draper, the daughter of the main character Don Draper, in the 2007–2015 TV series Mad Men. She won the role after two auditions. She was a recurring guest star for the show’s first three seasons, then became a series regular in season four.
In 2014, Shipka was named one of “The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014” by Time magazine. That same year, IndieWire included her in their list of “20 Actors To Watch That Are Under 20”. Shipka starred in the 2014 Lifetime movie Flowers in the Attic and co-starred (with Emma Roberts) in the 2015 Oz Perkins horror film The Blackcoat’s Daughter.
In 2017, she portrayed B.D. Hyman, daughter of Bette Davis, in the FX television series Feud: Bette and Joan. In January 2018, it was announced that Shipka would be starring as Sabrina Spellman in Netflix’s Chilling Adventures of Sabrina series based on the comic series of the same name. The first part was released by Netflix on October 26, 2018, and an episode that December. The show ran for three more parts, concluding on December 31, 2020, with a total of 36 episodes. Shipka would reprise the role in a sixth season episode of Riverdale, “Chapter Ninety-Nine: The Witching Hour(s)”, aired on December 7, 2021.
Kiernan Shipka Personal Life
Shipka currently resides in Los Angeles with her parents and two German Shepherds. She is a gifted ballet dancer and is passionate about fashion, which she sees as a method of self-expression. Inspired by the classic styles of Grace Kelly, she sometimes designs her clothing and has served as a guest fashion blogger for Lucky magazine.
She is a regular follower of the latest fashion trends. She names Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn as her fashion influences.
She plays the piano and guitar and writes her music, and enjoys watching television comedies and the Food Network.
Kiernan Shipka is reportedly single, though Her celebrity crush is Eddie Redmayne. . She is an accomplished Taekwondo practitioner. Kiernan has a black belt in Taekwondo.
Kiernan Shipka Filmography
- Mad Men (2007 — 2015) as Sally Draper
- Carriers (2009) as Jodie
- Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore (2010) as Little Girl
- Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23 (2012) as herself
- The Legend of Korra (2012 – 2014) as Jinora (voice)
- Sofia the First (2013 – 2018) as Oona (voice)
- Flowers in the Attic (2014) as Cathy Dollanganger
- When Marnie Was There (2014; English dub) as Marnie
- Avengers Academy (2016) as Jessica Drew / Spider-Woman (voice)
- Feud: Betty & Joan (2017) as B. D. Hyman
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (2018 — 2020) as Sabrina Spellman
- Riverdale (2021)
- Let It Snow (2019) as The Duke (Angie)
Kiernan Shipka Awards
- Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series – Actor [Winner] (2009)
- Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series – Actor [Winner] (2010)
- Scene Stealer Award: Young Hollywood Award [Winner] (2012)
- Women in Film Lucy Awards: Lucy Award [Winner] (2013)
- Young Artist Award Best Performance in a TV Series: – Recurring Young Actress [Winner] (2013)
- Behind the Voice Actors Awards: BTVA People’s Choice Voice Acting Award [Winner] (2013)
- Behind the Voice Actors Awards: Best Vocal Ensemble in a New Television Series [Winner] (2013)
- BTVA Television Voice Acting Award: Best Vocal Ensemble in a New Television Series [Winner] (2013)
- International Online Cinema Awards (INOCA): INOCA TV [Winner] (2015)
- Best Guest Actress in a Drama or Comedy Series
- IMDb Awards: Top 10 Breakout Stars Award [Winner] (2018)
Kiernan Shipka Media Controversy
Is Kiernan Shipka a twin?
According to several sources, Kiernan Shipka has a twin sister named McKenna Grace. But, is she a twin?
No, Kiernan Shipka and McKenna Grace are not related, but their looks would suggest they are twins!
Is Kiernan Shipka in a relationship?
Secondly, many people ask if Kiernan Shipka is in a relationship; Well, Kiernan Shipka is rumored to be dating The Office alum B.J Novak, but fans are worried that the age difference between them is so big ‘a 21-year age gap’.
Shipka and Novak interacted on Twitter in 2014, with Shipka wishing him on his birthday. She was 14 years old at the time, and he was 35. According to several sources, Kiernan Shipka has a twin sister named McKenna Grace.
Kiernan Shipka Age
How old is Kiernan Shipka? She is 22 years. Born on 10 November 1999.
Kiernan Shipka Social Media
Follow Kiernan Shipka on all her social media platforms:
Kiernan Shipka’s Net Worth
Kiernan Shipka’s Net Worth is approximately $4 Million as of this article’s publication.
That ends Kiernan Shipka Biography. Which other celebrity’s biography do you wish to see next? Tell us in the comments section.
Leave a Reply